The design of the house is becoming more and more individual. People are increasingly using apartments to express their tastes, lifestyle and freedom of expression. Professional designers note the request to express the character and individuality of residents in the interior.
Experts note that this trend makes sense, as people in the last two years have moved from the need to stay at home to the desire to be in a comfortable environment that expresses their personality. As everyone was limited in travel, people had to bring new experiences into their homes. In the coming year, many of these trends will take hold and increase their influence in interior design.
We are talking about the TOP-5 hot trends in the field of design and housing planning for 2022, which are highlighted by experts.
Rounded curves and arches
Smooth lines and curves can add an element of surprise and counter the “straight line syndrome” that took hold in previous years, designers say. Arched openings, vaulted ceilings and sumptuously upholstered furniture are returning to houses. Outside – arched windows and doors, openings and ceilings of verandas or terraces.
Wooden floor with a contrasting pattern
“Interest in Old World motifs using two-tone ornaments, patterns and different shades” is becoming more and more popular. It is possible to use fragments of a lighter hardwood floor only in one room or even in a part of it.
“Add spices” in the kitchen
People are tired of plain white kitchens, custom home builders say. “They want to add some spice.” Next up are wooden cabinets painted in different colors, table tops in warm or neutral colors made of alternative materials. In most cases, you can combine two materials, for example, granite countertops and solid wood for a kitchen island.
Black accents are in trend, as well as gentle colors and warm tones in the base. Black interior and exterior window frames, black lacquered front doors, and black appliances are expected to grow in popularity in 2022.
Maximalism instead of minimalism
More and more houses are designed in the style of “maximalism”. While the trend towards consumption, including new furniture, continues, the demand for quality and stylish antiques will grow. “Because people travel less, they have more time and money, so creative expression of individuality goes into interior design. Furniture, carpets, art objects reflect past travels or future dream places that inspire and help bring ideas to life.”
It is a synthesis of Japanese and Scandinavian styles, which implies a desire for naturalness and minimalism. Both styles gravitate towards natural materials and shades, conscious consumption and moderation. Other features of japan include abundant natural lighting, open layouts and a predominance of rough, imperfect textures (linen, stone, wood). In general, japan is a very harmonious and comfortable style that combines a love for nature and practicality.
Interior trends for 2022: microtrends
Let’s talk about the details. What exactly will make the interior fashionable in 2022:
- Natural durable materials. This trend combines closeness to nature and the desire for awareness. The interior is created for more than one year, and for it to retain its appeal, appropriate materials are needed: wood, marble, natural stone.
- Textured glass. Matte, stained glass, with an unusual texture – its products are suitable not only for decoration, but also for decoration – for example, for partitions between separate zones.
- Fabrics with a pronounced texture. In the textile design of the interior, cozy, pleasant-to-the-touch materials come to the fore, especially bouclé, fabrics with a soft velvety surface, and linen.
- Round furniture. Rounded backs of sofas and armchairs, round and oval tables, dining and coffee tables – all this softens the interior and makes it visually more pleasant.
- Finishing with the use or imitation of the natural texture of metal can be used in the decoration of kitchen facades, cabinets, and simply decorative decoration of walls. It is very beautiful if it has a pronounced relief and texture.
Therefore, the desire for naturalness, practicality, and durability remains among the current trends in the interior of 2022. Less shock and gloss, more comfort, reliability and awareness. This will help to build a harmonious interior in all respects.